Caramelized Apricots with Honey Yogurt & Pistachios
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 apricots sliced in half pitted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 tbsp full-fat labneh or Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp honey 1 tbsp for apricots, 1 tbsp for cooking on the pan, 2 tbsp for yogurt topping
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- A pinch of nutmeg and crushed raw unsalted pistachios for garnish
- Slice apricots in half and remove the pits and stems.
- Sprinkle cardamom, cinnamon, and add 1/4 tbsp honey on top of each half of the apricots (on the flesh).
- Heat a pan or cast-iron skillet on low heat. Add the butter to the pan once heated.
- Place each apricot face down in the melted butter.
- Let the apricots caramelize on the heat for a few minutes.
- Add one more tbsp of honey on the pan in between the apricots. It will melt into the butter on the pan.
- Flip the apricots over after a few minutes and let the other side soften as well.
- Flip back over to the flesh side face down and let it caramelize for 2-3 more minutes.
- Apricots should be softened but not falling apart when finished, and golden brown on the flesh.
- Remove apricots with a spatula and place on a serving dish, flesh side facing up.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 more tbsp of honey with the labneh or Greek yogurt in a bowl. Taste and add more honey depending on how sweet you prefer it.
- Take 1 tbsp of the yogurt and top each apricot half with it.
- Garnish each apricot half with a tiny sprinkle of nutmeg and chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!