Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam
By Shivangi Rao Note: you can make these either savory (cheddar thumbprint cookies with strawberry chili jam) or sweet (thumbprint cookies with strawberry jam). Ingredients are listed below for both options.
- 2 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese optional only use if you’re making savory cookies; omit if making sweet cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour I use Bob’s Red Mill brand
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Make the Strawberry [Chili] Jam ahead of time. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Combine the coconut oil and the egg until fully mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt to make your dry flour mixture.
- Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir together until combined.
- Mix in shredded cheddar cheese until mixed into dough completely (only do this if making savory cookies. Omit if making sweet cookies).
- Take out half a tablespoon at a time of the batter and roll into a ball. Use your thumb to press into the middle and make a dent (about 1/2 inch deep).
- Place 1/2-1 tsp or so of jam in the dent of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!