A seasonal recipe that will be part of your dinner table for years to come.
I love using seasonal produce as it becomes available. Asparagus is a gorgeous and nutritious vegetable commonly in season during the Spring. My favorite way to eat fresh vegetables is by roasting them with a few simple spices and lemon. This recipe combines my love of seasonal vegetables with a Mediterranean flare thanks to the creamy whipped feta that adds an element of richness to this dish. The asparagus is roasted in za’atar seasoning which adds so much flavor and zest. The combination of the asparagus and whipped feta is a match made in heaven!
Roasted Asparagus with Whipped Feta
- 1 brunch fresh asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp za’atar seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Ingredients for Whipped Feta:
- 1 6 oz block of feta
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tbsp water optional; may need if it’s too thick and need to thin it out during food processing
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss washed, dried and trimmed asparagus with olive oil, spices/seasonings.
- Place on baking sheet and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- While asparagus is roasting, place all whipped feta ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove asparagus from oven when done. Let cool slightly until warm.
- Spread whipped feta out evenly onto plate. Place asparagus on top.
- Garnish with a little lemon zest and crushed red pepper (optional). Serve immediately!