Who doesn’t love crispy tostadas?
These are grain free tostadas that are fused with Indian flavors and ingredients. Make some delicious tandoori chicken ahead of time, and layer it on top of some crispy tortillas with all of the toppings: onions, tomatoes, chutneys and more. I love the hot, crispy tortilla combined with the savory, tender chicken and the cool, crunchy and bright toppings. Hope you give this a try!
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 tandoori drumsticks; meat removed from bone. If vegetarian, use tandoori paneer or tandoori mushrooms.
- 2 grain free tortillas I prefer Siete Foods or Positively Plantain tortillas
- Chopped tomatoes, red onions, yellow peppers, cilantro, jalapeños for garnish
- Crumbled cotija cheese for garnish optional
- Garlic yogurt sauce for drizzling on top
- Fresh squeeze of lime juice from one lime
- Ingredients for Garlic Yogurt Sauce:
- 2 cups Straus European style full fat yogurt (or beaten full fat yogurt
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp roasted ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Make tandoori chicken (or paneer or mushrooms if vegetarian) ahead of time. Take two cooked drumsticks and remove meat and set aside.
- Make garlic yogurt sauce by blending all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Air fry 2 tortillas (one at a time) with a tbsp of avocado oil for 5 mins or less at 350 degrees F flipping half way, or pan fry on medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil, flipping until crispy. Remove and place on a serving dish or plate.
- Place tandoori chicken on each fried tortilla (tostada).
- Top with chopped fresh veggies of choice, cilantro and jalapeños.
- Garnish with cotija cheese and a drizzle of garlic yogurt dressing on each tostada.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on top. Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!