Mediterranean Pulled Chicken
By Shivangi Rao
- 1.5 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp za’atar seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Set instant pot to sauté mode.
- Add olive oil to the pot and add chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle some salt on the chicken and sear each side in the olive oil (no need to cook all the way).
- Meanwhile mix all other ingredients (yogurt, lemon juice, grated garlic, spices, salt, pepper) in a bowl until fully combined.
- Add yogurt to instant pot on top of seared chicken thighs, and add in chicken stock. Mix everything well so the chicken is fully coated in yogurt and stock.
- Turn instant pot to pressure cook mode on high for 15 minutes.
- Close lid and push valve to sealing.
- when finished pressure cooking, naturally let the pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Push the valve to vent after 10 minutes to finish releasing the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid once all pressure has released.
- Use a fork to gently pull chicken pieces apart.
- Turn instant pot to sauté mode.
- Let sauce thicken a bit on sauté mode for 5 minutes.
- Turn the instant pot off and remove contents into a serving dish.
- Garnish chicken with sumac, extra za’atar seasoning, and fresh parsley (all optional).
- Serve immediately! I love using this in salads or wraps during the week with lots of fresh greens, veggies, and feta if you tolerate dairy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!