Greek Salad with Pan-Fried Halloumi
By Shivangi Rao
Ingredients for pan-fried Halloumi:
- 1 package organic Halloumi cheese I get mine at Whole Foods!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for Greek Salad:
- 1/2 English cucumber diced
- 1- pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 4 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley optional for garnish
Instructions for Pan Fried halloumi:
- Cut halloumi into 4 1/2 inch thick slices
- Add olive oil to a cast-iron skillet on low-medium heat.
- Lay halloumi slices on the pan and pan-fry for 2-3 minutes per side until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from pan when finished and set aside.
Instructions for Greek salad:
- Chop all vegetables and add to a bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano.
- Carefully lay fried halloumi on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle a little extra dried oregano on halloumi pieces.
- Garnish with parsley and an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!