Fall Sweet Potato & Kale Salad + Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2-3 sweet potatoes I use purple sweet potatoes because they’re pretty and they tend to be lower on the glycemic index, but any sweet potatoes will work!
- 8-10 big leaves of dark green kale
- A handful of homemade paleo candied pecans recipe below
- 1/4 cup of high-quality sheep’s milk feta or goat cheese
- Homemade paleo dijon vinaigrette recipe below
Ingredients for Candied Pecans:
- 2 cups raw unsalted pecans
- 3 tbsp high-quality maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar if you’re not pale, you can do 1 tbsp regular sugar
Ingredients for Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Instructions to make Candied Pecans:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients and pecans in a mixing bowl well
- Lay on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven until crispy!
Instructions to make Dijon Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Whisk thoroughly until fully combined
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking
- Store in an airtight jar
- Shake well before serving
Instructions to make Salad:
- Chop kale into 1/2 inch pieces
- Place in a large mixing bowl and massage 1/4 cup olive oil into leaves using your hands so they become less tough.
- Leave in the mixing bowl for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes (skin on).
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Peel skin from sweet potatoes once cooled. You can make a small incision in the skin using your knife and peel from there.
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch round discs.
- After the kale has sat for a couple of hours and feels softer, place in a serving bowl.
- Add in sweet potatoes, candied pecans, crumbled feta.
- Pour dijon vinaigrette over it (amount of dressing should be based on how much you like!) and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!