Indian Cauliflower Poha (Indian Flattened “Rice”)
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 bags frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies sliced long
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 large potato optional chopped thinly
- 1/4 bag frozen peas optional
- A handful of unsalted peanuts or chopped walnuts optional*
- *I use walnuts due to dietary restrictions. Peanuts are a legume and often difficult for individuals with food intolerances.
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Add the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies and wait until the mustard seeds stop popping.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the peanuts or walnuts and potatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until potatoes begin to soften.
- Add the riced cauliflower, peas, salt, and turmeric, and mix all ingredients together.
- Cook for 8-10 more minutes until soft, fluffy, and fragrant. Add lemon juice at the end and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!