Garam Masala Sweet Potatoes
By Shivangi Rao
- 5-6 large Sweet Potatoes Japanese Yams, American Yams, American Sweet Potatoes all work well
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt / or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and dry them (skin on).
- Place them on a lined baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes. You will know when they are done when the skin looks slightly wilted on the outside and/or if you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool. Peel the sweet potatoes once cool and dice them into cubes.
- Add ghee or coconut oil to a pan. Add the sweet potatoes to the hot oil.
- Add spices and salt to the sweet potatoes and saute for 5-10 minutes. Let edges crisp a little in the pan.
- At the very end, add lemon juice and mix in.
- Serve hot with some cold whipped yogurt at the side if you wish.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!