South Indian Green Plantain Curry
By Shivangi Rao
- Coconut oil – 3-4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 sprig of fresh curry leaves
- 2 serrano peppers minced green chilies
- 1- inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon tamarind or lemon juice or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Green plantains 3-4
- Peel the green plantains and boil in water with turmeric and salt until cooked through or pressure cook sliced plantains with 1 cup of water for 2-3 minutes in your Instant Pot
- Remove them let cool.
- Add coconut oil to a pan. Add the mustard seeds first to hot oil and allow to crackle.
- Once crackling slows, add cumin seeds, chilies, and curry leaves to the hot oil and fry for 20-30 seconds. Add ginger following the spices until light brown.
- Add the diced plantains immediately following step 4 to the pan and saute for 5-7 minutes so that it absorbs all the spices.
- In the end, add tamarind or lemon juice, salt, and freshly grated coconut.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!