Sweet potato mash is heavenly. I prefer it to regular mashed potatoes. Sweet potatoes are also packed with nutrients which is a plus! What makes this even more exciting is the flavor combo when combined with warm Indian spices like garam masala, which is a blend of cinnamon, coriander, cumin, and more. I add coconut cream to make it rich and creamy and keeps it dairy free. This is so easy to make and really has so much depth of flavor. It pairs so well with savory meat dishes and a clean salad at the side. Give it a try and let me know how you like it by dropping a comment below. Enjoy!
Garam Masala Sweet Potato Mash
By Shivangi Rao
- Ingredients for my garam masala sweet potatoes
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream of heavy cream
- 3 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter if you can tolerate dairy not melted
- Make my garam masala sweet potatoes
- Mix unsalted butter into it when finished. It should fully melt and combine.
- Transfer garam masala sweet potatoes into a food processor or blender.
- Add coconut cream to it.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Transfer to serving bowl and add an extra pat of butter on top for serving.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!