These blondies are perfect to get your pecan pie fix without having to do all the work of baking a pie from scratch! They come together in a pinch and taste just as good. Plus, this recipe is grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free. It’s delicious topped with vanilla ice cream, or on its own (I love it fresh out of the oven or reheat leftovers for 15-20 seconds in the microwave so the chocolate gets melty). I hope you make this for the holidays. Leave me a comment and let me know how you like it!
Pecan Pie Chocolate Chip Blondies
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cup creamy unsalted almond or pecan butter or a mix of both! I use Georgia Grinders or Trader Joe’s brands because they’re thinner and runny inconsistency
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bourbon extract can be found at Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips I use Hu Kitchen gems
- 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans
- A handful of toasted pecans for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. The batter should be somewhat thick and smooth.
- Add in chopped pecans and/or chocolate chips and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into a lined or oiled square 8×8 baking dish. Make sure batter is even in the pan – use a spatula to smooth out if necessary.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until mostly set. Place a toothpick in the center and should come out mostly dry (it’s ok if a little batter sticks – that means it’ll be a more fudgy consistency which is what you want!)
- Add a handful of pecans to a lined baking sheet and place in the oven (also at 350 degrees F) for 5-7 minutes until toasted (be careful not to burn!). These will be for topping the blondies!
- Remove blondies and toasted pecans from the oven when done.
- Add toasted pecans on top of blondies while blondies are still hot (gently press them into the top of the blondies)
- Let blondies cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled cut into squares and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: Blondies can be reheated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and served with vanilla ice cream!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!
Am I able to use any nut butter in the place of almonds or pecans butter?
Yes! Try peanut butter but make sure it’s smooth and runny in consistency. It may not taste as much like pecan pie but it should still taste good!