Instant Pot Beef & Veggie Chili (+Loaded Sweet Potato)
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 2 lbs of grass-fed ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 bell peppers chopped
- 1-2 carrots chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons organic Chili seasoning make sure it doesn’t have additives or rice
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt or to taste
- 1 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 handful of cilantro chopped
- For the loaded sweet potato use 4-5 Japanese or normal sweet potatoes
- Wash the sweet potatoes, dry them, and bake them in the oven for 50 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Peel the carrots and dice them.
- Chop the bell peppers.
- Turn on your instant pot to “saute”. Add the oil, and onions. Saute until browned.
- Add in the peppers, carrots, garlic, and tomato paste. Saute until softened.
- Add in the ground beef, and saute for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Add in salt and all seasonings (Chili seasoning, red chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon) to the beef mixture. Saute for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and stock. Give it a big stir.
- Press “cancel” on the instant pot.
- Lock the lid on the instant pot. Make sure the pressure cooker knob is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “Pressure Cook” button and set it on high for 15 minutes.
- Once complete, the instant pot will beep 3 times.
- Open the instant pot and taste the chili. Add any additional seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot with fun toppings like the chopped cilantro, white onions, shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or avocado slices.
- For the loaded sweet potato, pile all of this on to one of your baked sweet potatoes sliced in half.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!