Warm Indian Carrot Salad
By Shivangi Rao
- Coconut oil – 3-4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 serrano peppers minced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- 1/2 cup of ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Carrots 6
- Peel the carrots and grate or shred in a food processor.
- Take half a cup of raw, unsalted walnuts and grind well in a dry grinder or spice grinder.
- Place grated carrots in a covered dish and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- Add coconut oil to a pan. Add the cumin seeds first to hot oil and allow to roast.
- Once cumin seeds are browned, add chopped green chilies to the oil and fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the cumin seeds, chilies, and oil mixture to the cooked down grated carrots.
- Then, add lemon juice, salt (to taste), ground walnuts, and fresh grated coconut to the carrots. Mix well.
- Serve warm!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!