I love these easy yet flavorful burgers for meal prep or for a change of pace in the middle of the week. They’re juicy and delicious, and are a great source of clean protein. I love eating these burgers in a grain free bun or lettuce wrapped, and pair them with my Apricot Chutney (recipe included here) or my Avocado Chutney. These are Whole30 / paleo / gluten free / sugar free friendly. Highly recommend eating some of my pav bhaji masala fries on the side for a wonderfully fun and filling meal!
Tandoori Turkey Burgers
By Shivangi Rao
Ingredients for Tandoori Turkey Burgers:
- 1 lb ground organic turkey meat thigh or breast
- 1/4 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala seasoning I get mine from Pure Indian Foods
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
Ingredients for Apricot Chutney:
- ~1 cup or 6 oz of dried apricots no sugar added coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder or paprika if you can’t tolerate as much heat
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger or ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
Instructions for Tandoori Turkey Burgers:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients listed above in a mixing bowl using clean hands.
- Using your hands, form 1/2 inch burger patties.
- Lay each patty on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove from the oven when finished. Ensure the internal temperature of patties reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Serve lettuce wrapped or atop a bed of greens/veggies, and your choice of whole30 compliant condiments, and my apricot or avocado chutney. Enjoy!
Instructions for Apricot Chutney:
- Combine all ingredients listed above (except water) in a pot on low-medium heat.
- Add in 1/3 cup of water and stir as apricots begin to reduce and everything forms a thicker chutney like consistency.
- Add in an additional 1/3 cup of water and stir again until reduced.
- Add in the final 1/3 cup of water and stir until fully reduced. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!