Saffron Cauliflower Rice Pilaf with Currants & Almonds
- 3 bags frozen cauliflower rice I use this brand
- 1 tsp Zaran saffron threads
- 1/8 cup currants
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp grass fed ghee
- Place saffron threads in a bowl with hot water. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Put ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- Place the frozen cauliflower rice in the pan and let it break down a bit.
- Pour saffron mixture in the pan and mix into cauliflower rice.
- Add salt, pepper, and currants and mix well with rice.
- Cover pan for 3-4 minutes. Add a little extra water if necessary to soften the rice.
- Remove lid and mix the rice well until it’s fluffy and there is not much moisture left. Rice should look golden yellow because of saffron threads.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add almonds at the end. Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!