There’s nothing better than festive and seasonal fall salads. This salad is absolutely gorgeous, with warm fall colors and lots of flavor. Delicata squash is such a versatile fall squash that is probably my favorite, even more than butternut squash! It’s sweet and pairs beautifully with warm spices, including Indian ones like garam masala. I love tossing delicata squash with these warm spices to bring subtle heat that balances out its natural sweetness that comes out when roasted. I top some freshly chopped and softened kale with the naturally sweet and spicy squash, bright and juicy pomegranate arils, crunchy pecans, creamy goat cheese and my lemon tahini dressing. These are all very nutritious ingredients and such a well balanced salad. It’s the perfect way to dress up your fall dinner table! Leave a comment if you make this salad, and let me know how you like it!
Indian Roasted Delicata Squash & Paneer Salad
- 1 small-medium delicata squash
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 5 oz baby kale
- A handful of chopped pecans, pomegranate arils, crumbled goat or feta cheese all optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon tahini dressing
Ingredients for Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini I use Soom Foods
- 2 tbsp full-fat grass-fed yogurt
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash delicata squash thoroughly and chop into 1/4 inch discs. Remove seeds from each disc.
- Place squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure each piece of squash has enough room on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top, and sprinkle salt (to taste), cumin powder, cinnamon, garam masala, and red chili powder on top. Use hands to massage spices and oil into pieces of squash.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, lay baby kale on a serving platter or salad plate. Drizzle olive oil, 3 tbsp lemon juice, and a small amount of salt and pepper on top. Use hands or tongs to mix seasonings well with kale.
- Remove squash from oven when finished and lay pieces on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle a handful of chopped pecans, pomegranate arils, and crumbled goat or feta cheese on top (optional).
- Drizzle lemon tahini dressing on top.
- Serve immediately!
Lemon Tahini Dressing Instructions
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice as needed.