Chai Cashew Butter Cookies
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cup Cassava Flour I use Otto’s
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup steeped in 2 tbsp loose leaf tea The Chai Box All Chai’d up blend
- 3/4 cup cashew butter or nut butter of choice!
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted grass-fed butter softened or ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small egg pan, place maple syrup and 2 tbsp of All Chai’d Up blend on low heat. Let steep for 10 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Taste syrup – should have a strong chai flavor. Steep more if needed until flavor achieved.
- Remove from heat when finished. Let cool.
- Mix dry ingredients until fully combined (flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, dry spices) in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (cashew butter, softened butter, chai steeped maple syrup, beaten egg) in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Form 1.5 inch balls and lay them on a lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the palm of the hand.
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven when finished and let cool until warm.
- Enjoy with a cup of chai! Cookies are best served warm.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!