Tahini Roasted Cauliflower with Dates
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 head of cauliflower or about 2-3 lbs chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-8 whole Medjool dates pitted and chopped into quarters
- 1.5 tsp pure balsamic vinegar no sugar added
- 3/4 red onion sliced
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tahini I prefer Soom foods tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place chopped cauliflower florets, chopped dates, and red onions on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Add olive oil, salt, and balsamic on top of cauliflower, onions, and dates. Use clean hands to massage into veggies.
- Then add sauce on top and use clean hands to massage evenly into veggies.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until florets are golden brown and cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley or fresh mint (optional) or thinly sliced almonds (optional).
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!