Salted Dark Chocolate Pots de Creme with a Chili Chocolate Almond Butter Topping
By Shivangi RaoThis recipe was adapted from a recipe by The Pig and Quill.
Ingredients for Pot de Creme:
- 1.5 cups high-quality chocolate chips I use Hu Kitchen gems
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Flakey sea salt for topping
Ingredients for Chili Chocolate Almond Butter Topping:
- 1 cup almond butter
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
Instructions for Pots de Creme:
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk on medium-high heat until it starts to boil.
- Combine chocolate chips with milk until it is melted. Mix well.
- Combine beaten eggs, honey, salt, vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Slowly add heated chocolate coconut milk and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into ramekins and chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight until it is solid and set. Top with almond butter topping and flakey sea salt. Enjoy!
Instructions for Chili Chocolate Almond Butter Topping:
- Combine ingredients listed for topping in a bowl. Heat in a microwave-safe bowl (45-60 seconds) until chocolate is fully melted. Stir well. Top chilled pots de creme with this warm topping.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!