Instant Pot Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili
Newest First By Shivangi Rao
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb ground turkey thigh or breast meat is fine
- 1 can crush fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1-2 bell peppers diced can be any color – I like using one green and one red/yellow
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp chili seasoning powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coconut aminos optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cilantro scallions or red onions, chopped avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and/or shredded cheese to garnish (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add in oil, onions, garlic, seasonings, salt, and pepper. Saute for a few minutes until onions are cooked down.
- Add in ground turkey and sauté until browned for about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, and pumpkin purée and continue to sauté for a few more minutes until everything is well combined and cooked down.
- Press cancel on your instant pot. Set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Close the lid, and turn the pressure valve on the lid to sealing.
- Once finished, quick-release pressure by turning the pressure valve to Venting. Once all steam is released, open Instant Pot.
- Add in lemon juice. Turn back to sauté mode and let the chili thicken a bit on heat while stirring intermittently. Turn off after a few minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, red onions, avocado, cheese, or anything else you like on chili! Serve hot and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!