Chili Garlic Hakka Noodles
By Shivangi Rao
- 6 oz of japchae noodles paleo compliant sweet potato glass noodles
- 2 tbsp Coconut Secret brand Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp gluten-free sriracha I get mine from Whole Foods. I also use 1 tbsp of sriracha but I tolerate/prefer a lot of spice!
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 green yellow, red pepper each, diced
- 1- inch ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish optional
- Chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- 1 scallion chopped for garnish optional
- 1/4 jalapeño sliced finely for garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with olive oil and salt.
- Once boiling, add in noodles and stir frequently. Boil for 4-5 minutes until cooked and springy in texture, but not mushy
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by mixing sriracha, honey, garlic sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper vigorously until a sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary / to your liking. Set sauce aside.
- Place sesame oil and chopped onions and peppers in a skillet and sauté on high heat. Add in coconut aminos after a couple of minutes. Continue to sauté on high heat.
- Once cooked, add in noodles using tongs and toss with veggies. Pour in the sauce and toss well on high heat. Add in a couple of tbsp of water if noodles get dry.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Remove noodles into serving dishes. Garnish with cilantro, chopped jalapeños, sesame seeds, and/or scallions.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!