Almond Ricotta Squares (Barfi)
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter not melted
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- A handful of sliced almonds for garnish
- On low-medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in ricotta cheese once butter is melted, and stir until fully combined for 5 minutes.
- Add almond flour and keep stirring until it thickens a bit (another 5 minutes).
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut sugar, cardamom and combine.
- Keep stirring until well combined and most of the moisture is removed. After stirring for a total of 15-20 minutes on the stove, it should form into a ball due to low moisture.
- Pour this into a lined or buttered dish evenly (about 1/4 inch thick) and let it cool down completely.
- Once it is cool, it should solidify.
- Cut into squares or your desired shape, and garnish with sliced almonds. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!