Pumpkin Masala Chai Latte
- 2 cups of water
- 3 Tetley Masala Chai tea bags
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk or your milk of choice
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or 3-4 tbsp maple syrup. I use Coconut Secret Coconut Crystals
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Pinch of salt
- Extra coconut sugar Pure Indian Foods’ star anise, and/or cinnamon for garnish
- Place pumpkin puree, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice, in a pot on low-medium heat.
- Mix in the pot until heated through for a few minutes. Do not let it burn so stir frequently!
- Add the water, coconut milk, tea bags, and coconut sugar (or maple syrup) to the pot. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Stir with the spiced pumpkin puree well.
- Bring contents in the pot to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat.
- Taste and adjust sugar and spices as needed.
- Remove tea bags using a spoon (draining as much liquid from the tea bags as you can).
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything well. This will create a nice froth!
- Pour into teacups. Add star anise, or sprinkle extra coconut sugar and/or ground cinnamon on top for presentation. Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!