Masala Egg Breakfast Pizza
By: Shivangi Rao
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil of choice half for frying egg half for sautéeing tomatoes
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 large yellow onion diced optional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala or garam masala if you don’t have chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 positively plantain tortilla
- A handful of crumbled feta or paneer cilantro, chopped jalapeños, chopped red onions, and crushed red pepper or paprika, squeeze of lime juice for garnish
- Sauté chopped onions (optional), grated garlic, ginger, and tomatoes in a pan with oil.
- Add all spices, salt, and pepper. Sauté until onions have browned and tomatoes have caramelized and not watery. Taste and adjust spices, salt as needed. Set aside.
- Heat tortilla on the pan until pliable and slightly crisp but not burnt. Set aside. For a truly crisp tortilla, heat in oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Fry 1-2 eggs sunny side up on a pan in some oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper to taste on top and an extra pinch of chaat masala.
- Place cooked onions and tomatoes on a tortilla. Place fried egg(s) on top. Garnish with toppings of choice (cilantro, cheese, jalapeños, red onions, crushed red pepper, squeeze of fresh lime juice highly recommended).
- Use a sharp knife to cut the tortilla into triangular wedges.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!