Cranberry Orange Ginger Chutney
By Shivangi Rao
- 10 oz frozen cranberries
- Juice of half a large navel orange should be about 1/2 cup
- 1.5 cups coconut sugar or more to taste
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optional if you want a little extra heat
- 1 inch freshly grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp oil of choice
- Chop the shallot finely.
- Place oil in a pot on medium heat. Add shallots to oil and saute well until cooked down completely.
- Add cranberries, juice of 1/2 navel orange, coconut sugar, salt, cayenne, cinnamon stick, garam masala, and ginger into the pot.
- Stir everything on medium heat for 7-10 minutes until cranberries burst from heat and begin to reduce into a thicker consistency, and spices are well combined and cooked.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (especially sugar) as needed.
- Once done cooking, remove the cinnamon stick from the chutney.
- Grate orange zest on top for garnish.
- Serve at room temperature and Enjoy!
- Note: Place chutney in an airtight jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!