There’s nothing better than tacos, am I right?! What’s better is if you can keep it fresh and healthy, yet just as delicious. I LOVE using Bibb lettuce as a sub for tortillas (even grain free ones). They add a fresh component to the tacos, and pair beautifully with spicy, savory meat. Cue kheema tacos. Kheema is the PERFECT filling for lettuce wrapped tacos. I love loading them up with chopped veggies and jalapeños and my avocado chutney. Plus it’s Whole30 friendly which is awesome! Great way to also repurpose leftover Kheema if you need a fun mid-week meal idea. Leave a comment below if you give this a try! Enjoy!
Lettuce Wrapped Kheema Tacos
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cup kheema recipe here; prep ahead of time
- 8 large pieces romaine lettuce or bibb lettuce, layered if needed
- 1/2 cup roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes or other root veggie chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh veggies I love adding tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrots, etc) or anything else!
- 1/4 cup avocado chutney recipe here; prep ahead of time
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish
- First place greens on a platter, layering 2 pieces of lettuce if necessary.
- Then add your kheema, and roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Then add your chopped veggies.
- Finally add your chutney in the middle and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!