This is my go-to chutney all months of the year. I use it with tacos, burgers, with fries, on sandwiches, literally anything. It is creamy, nutrient dense (especially if making avocado chutney) and a great source of healthy fats. It’s also Whole30 compliant. Let me know how you like it by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Creamy Cilantro Chutney / Avocado Chutney
- 1 cup of cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup mint chopped optional
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup of coconut cream or European style yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno chopped (remove seeds if you can't tolerate heat) or 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Optional: 1 ripe avocado to make it an avocado chutney!
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt and spice as needed.
- Serve with my Paleo Samosas or any other dish as a versatile dipping sauce or dressing!
- Note: Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Since it has coconut cream in it, it may solidify in the fridge. Before using, either leave it out for an hour to soften or heat it up in the microwave for 10 seconds before serving!