Indian Purple Cabbage
- 1 head of purple cabbage
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 green chilies chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Handful chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Chop the purple cabbage finely and evenly.
- Add oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds to the hot oil and let it cook until the popping of the seeds slows down. Add cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves, and cook for about a minute in the hot oil.
- Immediately add the cabbage and rest of the spices, salt, and pepper.
- Add a little water on top, put a lid on top of the pan, and let the cabbage cook down.
- Saute the cabbage intermittently until cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!