These fries are absolutely delicious! They’re spicy and have a kick, and are just what you need when eating my Tandoori Turkey Burgers! Plus they’re paleo and Whole30 compliant. They’re a great source of low-glycemic carbs as well. These fries are finished in just 10-15 minutes in the air fryer. They’re soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I love eating these fries with my Avocado Chutney, which cools it down a bit. If you make this, leave me a comment below. Enjoy!
Butternut Squash Masala Fries
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 12 oz bags of zig zag butternut squash fries or one large butternut squash peeled and cut into "fries" find this at Trader Joe’s!
- 2 tbsps avocado oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp tandoori masala optional; I use Pure Indian Foods
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder or cayenne
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- Avocado Chutney for dipping
- Pre-heat air fryer to 325 degrees F and set timer to 10 minutes.
- Chop butternut squash into similar sized fry like pieces
- Toss butternut squash in a bowl with oil, spices and salt.
- Place in an air fryer basket and let it air fry for 10 minutes, tossing fries halfway.
- Then, turn temperature up to 375 degrees F and set timer for 3-5 minutes. Should be crispy on outside and tender on inside when finished.
- When finished, remove into a serving dish, garnish with lemon and chopped cilantro and eat immediately!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!