Spicy, creamy and tangy cilantro chutney is the star of the show in this Indian fusion recipe. Full fat Greek yogurt is combined with green chilies, garlic, cumin powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make a creamy, thick chutney that is the perfect consistency and replacement for traditional mayo-based potato salads. The creamy chutney hugs fork tender Yukon gold potatoes. This recipe is spicy, creamy and so flavorful! Perfect for your summer cookouts. Can’t wait for you to try this!
Creamy Chutney Potato Salad
- 3 pounds Yukon gold or russet potatoes or red potatoes cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup creamy cilantro chutney (or more to taste) make sure to use full fat greek yogurt or full fat almond milk greek yogurt (if dairy free) for this recipe; use more than 1 cup as necessary to achieve balance in flavor and texture/creaminess.
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Dice your potatoes into 3/4 inch chunks.
- Add potatoes to a large stockpot and immerse in salted water (about 1/2 tsp). Cook until the potatoes are fork tender (5-10 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Meanwhile, make a cup of my creamy cilantro chutney and set aside.
- Dice half a red onion and set aside.
- Once potatoes are cool, mix in the chutney and red onions gently.
- Serve with lemon wedges and extra sprigs of cilantro and enjoy!