I didn’t think burgers could get better, until they were fused with Indian flavors and ingredients.
These paneer tikka burgers combine the best of Indian and American cuisine. Thick slabs of grass-fed paneer (I use Sach Foods paneer), peppers and onions are marinated and baked in Indian spices until slightly charred. They’re topped with delicious Indian condiments like chutneys, and layered with your classic burger veggies like lettuce, tomatoes, and more. It’s all sandwiched between two grain free buns (I use Unbun Foods), or you can lettuce wrap it. The combination of flavors and the layers in each bite will keep you coming back for more! Perfect summer BBQ recipe, although I love sneaking this in year round.
Paneer Tikka Burgers
- 2 blocks Sach Foods Paneer sliced lengthwise in half
- 1-2 bell peppers sliced into 1 inch squares red, yellow or green work
- 1/2 red onion sliced into 1 inch squares
- 4 paleo buns I use Unbun Foods
- Sliced tomatoes lettuce and any other veggies for burger
- Avocado oil mayonnaise I use Primal Kitchen Foods and my creamy cilantro chutney
- Ingredients for Marinade for paneer and veggies:
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp dried and crushed fenugreek leaves kasuri methi
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Toss sliced paneer, peppers and onions in marinade until fully coated.
- Place in an air tight container in the fridge to marinate for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove paneer and veggies and lay on lined baking sheet (preferably parchment paper). Bake in oven for 20 minutes flipping half way. Broil on high for 2 minutes at the end to get a char.
- While it’s baking, make chutney, toast buns, chop veggies, etc. for burgers.
- Remove paneer from oven when finished and assemble burgers: buns, paneer, peppers, onions, fresh tomatoes, greens, mayo, and chutney.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!