- Instant Pot
- 2 cans of organic chickpeas no salt added
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee or cooking oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons chana masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped finely
- 1 can of diced tomatoes no salt added
- 4-5 cloves grated garlic
- 1- inch grated ginger
- Handful chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Chop the onions, and grate the garlic and ginger using a grater.
- Set your Instant Pot to the “Saute” mode. Add coconut oil or ghee to the pot. Add the cumin seeds and let them brown in the oil. Add the onions and saute them until they turn translucent. Add 1 cup of the diced tomatoes, garlic, and ginger, and bay leaf, and saute until cooked down. Add all spices (garam masala, chana masala, coriander, turmeric, red chili powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper) and saute for a few more minutes until tomatoes are cooked down a bit.
- Add the two cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas and mix well.
- Add 1.5 cups of water or until chickpeas are immersed in water.
- Press cancel on your Instant Pot. Set it to Pressure Cook on high for 20 minutes. Set pressure valve to “sealing”.
- When finished pressure cooking, manually release pressure by turning the valve to “venting”.
- Open the lid, and set Instant Pot to “saute”. Mash chickpeas and keep mixing so gravy thickens.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!