Summer Cherry Jam
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 cups pitted cherries fresh or frozen will work; if using frozen make sure it’s thawed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add pitted cherries and sweetener of choice to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Let it come to a simmer and make sure to stir frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Mash the cherries with the back of your cooking utensil.
- Once cherries start breaking down and are mostly mashed, reduce to low heat and let it simmer for a few more minutes. It should begin to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and add in the chia seeds. Mix well and let cool.
- Remove into a jar once warm or room temperature and it will continue to cool and thicken.
- Serve with grain free bread, parfaits, or anything else you’d like!
- Note: Jam will keep in an air tight jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!