Roasted Delicata Squash & Garlic Hummus
By Shivangi Rao
- 4 medium delicata squashes or around 2 lbs of squash
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3-4 cloves garlic peel on
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and cut delicata squash lengthwise. Leave seeds in.
- Lay on a lined baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on it.
- Add 3-4 cloves garlic on the baking sheet as well peel on.
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, use a fork to scrape out seeds from the middle of each squash piece.
- Use the same fork to scrape out the flesh of squash and place in blender.
- Cut the ends of the garlic cloves and remove the garlic from the peel. Add garlic to a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients listed (oil, Tahini, spices, salt, pepper, lemon juice) to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference, especially salt and spices.
- Garnish with parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, and/or a light dusting of paprika if you wish.
- Enjoy with fresh slices or veggies or gluten-free crackers (I prefer simple mills almond flour crackers) or chips!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!