Pan-Fried Goan Shrimp
- 3/4 of a pound of frozen wild-caught pink shrimp you can find this in Whole Foods
- 1/4 cup of rice flour
- 1/8 cup cream of rice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or oil of choice
- Thaw the shrimp. Drain the water once thawed.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, and salt to shrimp. Toss and leave it for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, mix together the rice flour and cream of rice on a plate.
- Once shrimp is done marinating, heat pan on medium-high heat. Add coconut oil or frying oil of choice and evenly coat the pan.
- Once the pan is heated, reduce pan to medium heat.
- Take each shrimp and coat in rice flour mixture. Place on pan. Keep adding shrimp until they fit evenly on the surface of the pan.
- Pan fry one side of the shrimp for 3-4 minutes, or until the outside is crisp. Then flip the shrimp over and do the same on the other side.
- Serve hot with wedges of lemon if you wish!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!