Malaysian Egg Curry
By Shivangi Rao
- 3 tbsp Coconut Secret Ginger-Turmeric Sauce
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unrefined sweetener: coconut nectar coconut sugar, or honey (optional – use if you want to balance out the spice)
- 1/2 tsp salt more to taste as needed
- 4-5 eggs
- Chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- On medium high heat, place sauce in a pot along with coconut milk, salt, and sweetener of choice (optional) and let it come to a boil
- Once it has all come together (this is your curry base!), taste and adjust salt and spice as needed.
- Crack 4-5 eggs in the curry (be careful to not break yolk) or pre-boil eggs and place boiled eggs in curry on low-medium heat. If using uncooked eggs, crack eggs into the curry and let them cook in the hot curry to your desired consistency (I like it poached so that the white is set but the yolk is still a little runny).
- Garnish with cilantro on top and serve immediately with regular white rice or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!