Lemon Cardamom Bars
Note: This recipe was adapted from Paleo Running Momma and Ambitious Kitchen!
Ingredients for Crust
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup ghee room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
Ingredients for filling
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 3-4 lemons
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Powdered erythritol refined sugar free or sugar (sifted)
- Lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a square 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or grease it.
- Mix together crust ingredients (first wet, then add in dry) in a mixing bowl until dough forms.
- Use clean hands to press dough onto a lined or greased 8×8 baking dish. Use a fork to poke holes in it.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden brown.
- While your crust bakes, make the filling. In a mixing bowl or electric stand mixer, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, eggs, egg yolk and coconut flour.
- Remove crust from oven. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees F. Let crust sit/cool for 2 minutes and then pour filling on top of crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until filling is set and no longer jiggles.
- Cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once ready to serve, cut into square bars. Garnish with powdered sugar and lemon zest before serving.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!