Holiday Spiced Orange Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or juice of half of a large naval orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2-3 thin slices of orange for topping cake
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar for topping cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, spices, salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil. Combine in a separate bowl with maple syrup, freshly squeezed orange juice, vanilla extract, and eggs. Beat eggs and mix until fully combined with the rest of wet ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top batter with 2-3 thin slices of oranges (peel on). Cover oranges in coconut sugar. This will remove bitterness from orange peels and caramelize in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F or until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!