Instant Pot Pork & Sweet Potato Curry
- Instant Pot
- 2 pounds of pork or ground meat of choice – beef, lamb, chicken, or turkey work well
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee or cooking oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1.5 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped finely
- 3-4 cloves grated garlic
- 1- inch grated ginger
- 2-3 medium Japanese sweet potatoes or 4-5 small red-skinned potatoes if you prefer regular potatoes
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste or lemon juice
- Handful chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Chop the onions, and grate the garlic and ginger using a grater.
- Set your Instant Pot to the “Saute” mode. Add coconut oil or ghee to the pot. Add the mustard seeds and let them temper (popping sound will stop when they are done). Then add cumin seeds and curry leaves and let them brown in the oil. Add the onions and saute them until they turn translucent. Add garlic, ginger, and saute until everything is cooked down.
- Add the ground pork (or other meat of your choice) to the pot, along with the coriander, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, and pepper. Saute until meat is browned.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and one cup of water. Mix everything well.
- Press cancel on your Instant Pot. Set pressure valve to “sealing”. Set it to Pressure Cook on high for 25 minutes.
- When finished pressure cooking, let it naturally release pressure for another 5-8 minutes. Then, quickly release pressure by turning the valve to “venting”.
- Open the lid, and set Instant Pot to “saute”, and stir everything for another 10 minutes so curry thickens. Adjust seasonings to your liking, and add in tamarind or lemon juice for sourness.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot over rice or cauliflower rice!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!