There’s nothing more fall than apples. Apple pie, apple crisp, apple anything and everything, please! This is a healthier way to enjoy the same great taste of apple pie without the heavy carbs. Apples are stuffed with Ground Up PDX sweet, cinnamon snickerdoodle nut butter and paleo muelsi (e.g., coconut flakes, currants, and raisins), and baked until tender and bubbling. It’s topped with a generous scoop of cold vanilla ice cream for the ultimate fall dessert. It seriously tastes just like apple pie in every single bite. So good. If you give this a try, leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Baked Apples
- 4 granny smith apples cored
- 1 cup Ground Up PDX cinnamon snicker doodle nut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup paleo muesli (or a mix of coconut flakes and raisins) I use Bob’s Red Mill brand
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon only use if you don't have cinnamon snickerdoodle nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract I make sure to use brands without alcohol in it
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vanilla ice cream for topping optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core each apple and arrange apples on a lined baking sheet.
- Mix nut butter, vanilla, honey, cinnamon (if you're using plain nut butter) and paleo muesli in a large mixing bowl.
- Stuff each apple with 1/4 of the mixture or until full.
- Bake for 30 minutes until apple is tender. Remove when finished.
- Serve warm with a dollop of dairy free or regular vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!