Basil (/Any Greens) Pesto
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 cups of chopped fresh basil OR 2 cups of your choice of chopped fresh greens e.g., kale, Swiss chard, arugula, spinach, etc., packed
- 1/3 cup of raw walnuts or any nuts pine nuts and cashews would work too!
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan if you are dairy-free, you can skip this altogether or use 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Wash greens, dry them and chop.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend until it becomes a thicker paste.
- Add extra olive oil, salt, and pepper as needed.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!