I remember first trying fig & ricotta toast at a fancy brunch place. It was beautiful, delicious and filling.
This is a simple yet delicious take on this classic combination, made with six pure ingredients. It’s a perfect breakfast solution for slow weekend mornings paired with a hot cup of coffee or tea. The creamy ricotta combined with cardamom takes the flavor profile of this toast to a whole different level. It pairs beautifully with fresh, sweet figs, local honey and crispy toast. I love using dairy free ricotta (Kite Hill is a great brand) or regular, organic ricotta.
Let me know if you end up making this by commenting and liking this post. Hope you enjoy it!
Cardamom Ricotta & Fig Toast
- 2 slices gluten free or paleo bread toasted
- 1/2 cup organic ricotta cheese or almond milk ricotta chese
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 figs sliced
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped unsalted, shelled pistachios
- Drizzle of honey
- Toast bread
- While bread is toasting, mix cardamom and ricotta cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove bread once finished toasting. Place 1/4 cup ricotta cheese with cardamom on each slice of bread.
- Place a few slices of chopped figs on top.
- Drizzle honey on top and garnish with chopped pistachios.