These come together so quickly! First broil or grill shrimp marinated in cumin, chili powder, coriander, dried mango powder or lemon juice, and grated garlic. Grab some @positivelyplantain tortillas and pile it with the freshly grilled shrimp, a sweet and spicy peach salsa, and any other fixin’s you want. It packs so much flavor, it’s low sugar, and filled with healthy fats and fiber. The spicy, tangy, sweet combo is addicting!
Indian Shrimp Tacos with Peach Salsa
- 1 lb wild caught shrimp peeled and deveined (and thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur dried mango powder or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped greens of any kind for taco optional
- Peach salsa for topping
- Positively Plantain tortillas use code RAODYRECIPES for 20% off
- Set oven to broil on high
- Place baking sheet in oven while oven is heating
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, grated garlic, salt, pepper and spices in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl toss shrimp with oil mixture until well combined.
- Remove baking sheet and line it with parchment paper, and then place shrimp on it. Make sure they are not crowded.
- Place in oven and broil on high for 5 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat 2-3 positively plantain tortillas on a pan until heated fully.
- Remove from pan when finished heating and place on a plate.
- Layer tortillas with chopped greens, shrimp, peach salsa, and any other toppings (I love a little shredded cheese, gluten free hot sauce and a dollop of sour cream or full fat greek yogurt), as well as a fresh squeeze of lime.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!