Easy Instant Pot Chicken & Potato Curry
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb organic ground chicken could also use 1 lb of chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 small-medium red-skinned potatoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 5.4 oz can of coconut cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil I use ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Wash and rinse potatoes, and chop potatoes into one-inch cubes, skin on.
- Dice onions into small pieces.
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add in oil, onions, and cumin seeds and let cumin seeds fry for a little. Then add ground chicken (or chicken thighs) and spices.
- Saute ground chicken (or chicken thighs) in sauteed onions and spices for 4-5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in chopped potatoes and mix in well with chicken, onions, and spices. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes if using ground chicken and 10 minutes if using chicken thighs. Make sure the pressure valve is set to “sealing” on the lid.
- Once Instant Pot beeps and pressure cooking has finished, quick release Instant Pot by turning the valve to “venting” on the lid.
- Once the steam has fully released, open the lid and taste curry. Add coconut cream and mix well.
- Adjust seasonings, spice, and salt as needed.
- Remove curry into a bowl. Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!