Chai Spiced French Toast
- 8 slices AWG bakery Every Day bread or Cinnaspice bread or any grain-free bread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk of choice I love using almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Fresh berries and salted butter for topping
- Combine sugar and spices and mix well.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and spice mix, and milk. Pour some in a shallow dish.
- Heat ghee or butter to a skillet on medium heat.
- Take each slice of bread and dip all sides into the whisked egg and spices.
- Place each slice on the skillet (do this in batches so it doesn’t overcrowd).
- Pan fry until each side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Serve with salted butter, berries, and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!