Garam Masala Sweet Potato Waffles
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cup almond flour I use Bob’s Red Mill Fine Almond Flour
- 1 medium sweet potato roasted/fully cooked
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix vigorously until sweet potato is fully mashed and combined with the rest of the wet ingredients. Wet ingredients include roasted sweet potato, honey/maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, beaten eggs.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and garam masala and mix into wet ingredients well. Stir until fully combined. This is your waffle batter
- Plugin waffle maker and let it heat.
- Pour waffle batter into your waffle maker. Cook until golden brown. (Note: I have a mini waffle maker that takes 2 tbsp of batter and requires 3-4 minutes of cook time per waffle. Yours may take longer/shorter depending on the size and brand of your waffle maker!)
- Serve hot with maple syrup and grass-fed salted butter on top! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!