Who doesn’t love brussel sprouts when covered in delicious spices and sauces? I love these easy crispy curried brussel sprouts, perfect for meal prep or whenever you feel like it! These use curry powder, garlic, and red chili powder for the perfect savory, spicy flavors. I love plating the Brussels on top of a thick, cold layer of greek yogurt to cool it down a bit. This is, of course, optional. Omit the yogurt if you’re doing a Whole30. These are perfectly crispy yet tender, and my go-to for a busy week. Let me know how you like it by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Crispy Curried Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, halved
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice for garnish
- 1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt use as thick, spreadable dip concept that you can place the brussels on top of. Omit if whole30 or dairy free, or use almond milk greek yogurt.
Spiced Oil (Optional; gives extra flavor and heat)
- 1 tbsp high smoke point oil like avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 whole dried red chili, broken in half optional; omit if brussels are already spicy enough for you
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Or, pre-heat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the halved brussel sprouts to with avocado oil and spices/ seasonings listed above (omit spices from the spiced oil section).
- Place them on the baking sheet.
- Roast or fry the brussel sprouts for 30 minutes in the oven or 10-12 minutes in the air fryer, tossing halfway through.
- Remove, squeeze fresh lemon juice on top (optional). Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan on medium-high heat.
- Add mustard seeds and let mustard seeds temper in oil until popping noises stop. Then add curry leaves and dried red chili (broken in half) and let it fry in oil for 10-15 seconds.
- Carefully pour hot oil and spices on top of brussels. Give it all a good toss.
- Serve brussels on a thick bed of yogurt (omit if whole30 or dairy free; or use almond milk greek yogurt) on a flat plate or platter. Enjoy!