Tamarind [Cauliflower] Rice
- 2 packets frozen riced cauliflower
- 4-5 whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 3-4 dried red chilies broken in half
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 tsp organic honey
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil or coconut oil
- Salt to taste 1-2 tsp
- Handful of whole raw unsalted cashews
- Add mustard seeds into the pan with sesame oil on medium heat.
- Let mustard seeds temper in hot oil (they will pop). Once the popping slows down, add in fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves, and red chilies. Let all spices cook in oil for 1-2 minutes until sesame seeds are browned.
- Add in cauliflower rice into the pan. Mix into spices and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, along with tamarind paste. Mix well.
- While rice is cooking, a dry roast a handful of whole raw cashews in a pan on low-medium heat until they are browned.
- Add in cashews. Continue to mix well and cover the pan for a few minutes at a time until rice is fully cooked and spices are blended into rice well. Adjust salt/spices as needed.
- Serve hot with yogurt at the side! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!