Shrikhand [Cardamom Yogurt] Cheesecake
By Shivangi Rao
Ingredients for cheesecake filling:
- 2 cups full fat plain Greek yogurt I used Chobani. Must be full fat greek yogurt! Fage or Siggi’s would work too
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp saffron strands optional
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 4 tbsp melted butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for toppings:
- 1/2 cup shelled and unsalted pistachios coarsely chopped in a food processor or blender
- Handful of rose petals or chopped strawberries or raspberries optional
- Pre-heat oven roasted 350 degrees F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Use fingers to spread evenly onto bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove when finished.
- Place springform pan in freezer when done while you prepare the filling (or at least 15 minutes). This will cool the crust and prevent it from burning when placed back in the oven later with the filling.
- In a food processor, combine all filling ingredients and pulse until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the pan until even on top.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Do not overbake!
- Turn off oven when done and open door completely to slowly cool cheesecake. This prevents it from cracking.
- Remove from oven after 10-15 minutes and let it continue to cool to room temperature.
- Once it’s at room temperature, place in fridge for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. (Note: Tastes best once it has cooled in the fridge overnight, and gets better with time! It will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge covered).
- Once cooled, remove cheesecake from springform pan.
- Garnish cheesecake with chopped pistachios, and any other toppings of choice (berries would taste delicious or if you have rose petals use those! I get mine from Rose Dose).
- Slice and serve cold. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!